Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Lebanese delights at the Parap Market

Almost every week - at least when I can afford it - after choking down as much Sth East Asian cuisine as I can at the Parap Market, I find myself drifting through the aisles to the Lebanese stall.
I've tried the rice pudding, which is wonderful... but, as you can see in my hand, it is for these sweet, custard filled treats that my greedy stomach drags me here.
Thunderbirds are GO! The lovely lady who makes these has definitely found and is exercising her talent.  Crispy rolls of pastry around a custard inner that resembles semolina, all drenched in a sugar syrup infused with the perfect amount of rose water.  Very sticky, drippy and incredibly moreish!
Thus one just won't do... such a pleasurable experience demands repetition, albeit for later, after I've made some room via a cathartic viewing of the bathroom door.  If only certain parts of my anatomy could, in a manner similar to the touch of Midas, albeit inverted (one must recall the practical uselessness of gold prior to its use in electronics, hence Midas' touch stole the utility from all it transformed), transform my own useless material-expulsions into these golden treats! Truly, they are far superior to any of the similar Lebanese treats I have consumed in Melbourne.  Please, support this Lady's marvellous talent and, next time you are at the Parap Market, buy her food!

No comments:

Post a Comment